My selected phtos (2014)

A new number has added to our history. Our earth became a year older. Happy new year to you all and I wish you all have the best milestone.

Here are my 5 selected photos which were chosen from my photos within 2014.

1. Protest in Yangon



1. This photo was taken at the central place of Yangon, where the strikers' camp existed. In 1991, their lands were grabbed by military government but they didn't have a chance to protest at that time. Now they are fighting for their lands to get back.

2. Traffic of Yangon


2. During military government, the price for a car is too expensive. During Thein Sein administration, they changed their policy for car exports and they also reduced the tax. So, people tends to export cars and so the traffic became bigger and bigger. But, we had some news that they would strict for car export and only those who have parking lot can export cars.

3. A man at the old garage
3. This photo was taken when I was working as a fixer/translator for a photographer. Actually, it is just a portrait of a man. I didn't like this photo too much as soon as when i took this photo. But now, it became something special in my eyes. His eyes are gazing somewhere, his tattoos are saying something about his history and a cigar in his hand represents his health. He, himself is representing the city or people from the city by some way.

4. Rohingya IDPs from Sittwe, Arakan State, Myanmar

4. I already wrote about them in my previous article. This photo was just taken by my mobile phone, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as I had no chance to bring my camera inside the IDP camps. This one became one of my selections because of their curious and poor eyes.

5. Muslim Youths giving respect to the martyrs at Martyrs' Day
5. 19th July, Martyrs' Day of Myanmar. It is a big public event to show our sadness for the assassination of our national leaders in colonial period. People give their respects to martyrs at martyrs hill every year. This photo is one of the proofs for the Muslim Youths that they were participating in activism and social works in Myanmar more and more.


Aung Naing Soe

Comments

Popular Posts